Local Transit & Bus Passes

All campus cities have excellent networks of safe, reliable and convenient public transit systems. Most students use a local transit pass as it is an affordable way to commute to Conestoga College. There are different transit passes for students at each campus.

Kitchener (Doon and Downtown), Cambridge, and Waterloo campuses

Kitchener, Waterloo and Cambridge students use Grand River Transit to travel between Kitchener, Waterloo and Cambridge. Visit Grand River Transit’s website for maps, fares and schedules, and download the EasyGo app for real-time trip planning (search for GRT EasyGO in the App store or Google Play store).

How much does a transit pass cost?

Conestoga Students Incorporated (CSI) has advocated and partnered with Grand River Transit to provide Conestoga College full-time registered students within Waterloo Region the opportunity to purchase a GRT Term Pass (4-months) at a discounted rate of $300. These are available for purchase at the start of each semester and are applicable for January-April, May-August and September-December.

How do I purchase my 4-month GRT Term Pass?

  • You are able to purchase your 4-month Transit Term Pass online through the ONE Card portal with debit card or credit card.
  • Once you have fully registered in-person on campus, you can use your Condor ID and password to log in to the ONE Card portal where this option will be available to purchase* (please note you need a debit/credit card to proceed). 
  • Once this is purchased, within 48 hours, it will be connected to the GRT system and you can use your ONE Card for an easy tap and go experience.
  • If you have any questions please reach out to CSI at csi@conestogac.on.ca or visit the CSI website for general information or the ONE Card office at ONECard@conestogac.on.ca for any technical or purchasing questions.

How do I use my GRT Term Pass on the bus?

The pass will be loaded on your Conestoga College ONE Card. When you board the bus, tap your card on the smart card reader in the bottom corner of the farebox. If your tap is successful, you'll hear a ding and the screen will show "Conestoga College Thank You."

Is there any free shuttle service between campuses?

CSI Provides a complimentary shuttle service travelling between Residence, Cambridge campus and Doon campus at two locations. This service is free to all Conestoga College students, faculty and staff who show the shuttle driver their ONE Card. Find the shuttle schedule at http://conestogastudents.com/services/csi-shuttle/

Please note that the shuttle runs September-April only, and does not function in the spring semester between May-September.

Guelph campus
Brantford campus
  • Brantford students use Brantford Transit to travel around the city, by paying their fare in cash or by using a bus pass.
  • Students may purchase a bus pass, or single-ride tickets for $3 per ride.
  • Passes are available at the Brantford Transit Terminal Kiosk (64 Darling Street, Brantford, Phone: 519-756-5011).
  • Visit Brantford Transit’s website for maps, fares and schedules, and use the “Next Bus” service to find real-time bus route and time information.

Driving & Parking

If you would like to drive in Canada, please note that a valid driver’s license is required by law to drive a car or other motor vehicle.

International Driver’s Permit + Foreign Driver’s License

If you have a valid driver’s license from your home country and plan on driving in Ontario, you will need an International Driver’s Permit (IDP) from your own country. You need to have this permit with you when you arrive in Ontario. You cannot apply for one after you have arrived in Canada.

Ontario Driver’s License

If you do not have a driver’s license from your home country, to legally drive a car in Canada, you will need a driver’s licence issued by the government of Ontario. You must have it with you whenever you are driving. With it, you can drive anywhere in Canada. The process to get a driver’s licence in Ontario can be found on the Ministry of Transportation’s website.

In order to drive in Canada, you must purchase car insurance. This is not included in your tuition at Conestoga. For more information, please refer to Car insurance on the Government of Canada website.

Parking at Conestoga

You may purchase a parking permit each term that allows you to park in designated lots around each campus. Visit Parking Services for more information.